PM Atmanirbhar Swasth Bharat Yojana
10 AUG 2021 1:46PM by PIB Delhi
In the Budget speech of FY 21-22, ‘Prime Minister Atmanirbhar Swasth Bharat Yojana’ (PMASBY) scheme has been announced on 1st February, 2021, for an outlay of about Rs.64,180 Cr over six years (till FY 25-26). This will be in addition to the National Health Mission.
The main interventions envisaged under the scheme, to be achieved by FY 2025-26, are:
- Support for 17,788 rural Health and Wellness Centres in in 10 High Focus States
- Establishing 11,024 urban Health and Wellness Centres in all the States.
- Setting up of Integrated Public Health Labs in all districts and 3382 Block Public Health Units in 11 High Focus states;
- Establishing Critical Care Hospital Blocks in 602 districts and 12 Central Institutions;
- Strengthening of the National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), its 5 regional branches and 20 metropolitan health surveillance units;
- Expansion of the Integrated Health Information Portal to all States/UTs to connect all public health labs;
- Operationalisation of 17 new Public Health Units and strengthening of 33 existing Public Health Units at Points of Entry, that is at 32 Airports, 11 Seaports and 7 land crossings;
- Setting up of 15 Health Emergency Operation Centres and 2 mobile hospitals; and
- Setting up of a national institution for One Health, a Regional Research Platform for WHO South East Asia Region, 9 Bio-Safety Level III laboratories and 4 regional National Institutes for Virology.
The Minister of State (Health and Family Welfare), Dr Bharti Pravin Pawar stated this in a written reply in the Rajya Sabha here today.
HFW/PQ/PM Atmanirbhar Swasth Bharat Yojana/10thAugust2021/5
(Release ID: 1744365)
Visitor Counter : 5