Steps taken by the Government for awareness about the new low-cost capsule which can convert the paddy stubble into bio-manure
Government provides capsule kits to the farmers of 25 states during 2020-21
IARI has licensed the technology to 12 companies for mass multiplication and marketing of the Pusa Decomposer
10 AUG 2021 6:36PM by PIB Delhi
Multiple efforts have been made to demonstrate the new low cost capsule i.e. Pusa Decomposer Technology developed by ICAR – Indian Agriculture Research Institute (IARI), New Delhi for crop residue management across the country as given below:
- During 2020, Pusa Decomposer was provided for 5730 ha area to the Govt. of Uttar Pradesh (3700 ha), Punjab (200 ha), Delhi (800 ha), West Bengal (510 ha), Telangana (100 ha); Confederation of Indian Industry (100 ha) and NGO and Farmers (320 ha).
- Its capsule kits were provided to the farmers of 25 states covering >10,000 ha area during 2020-21.
- In-situ application of Pusa decomposer on paddy residue was demonstrated at farmers’ fields in several villages of Punjab [Mirpur (Mukherian), Balim (Gurdaspur), Kohali (Amritsar), Salina (Moga), Kattianwali (Fazilka)] and Haryana [Badwasini (Sonipat) and Anwal (Rohtak)]. A slogan of “jalana nahi, galana hai” was publicized among the farmers.
- A field visit was organized in association with the Delhi Govt officials for the scientists of PAU, Ludhiana and HAU, Hisar along with progressive farmers of Haryana, UP and Punjab to assess the decomposition of paddy straw using “Pusa decomposer” at Delhi farmers’ fields.
- Besides, regular interactive sessions with farmers through online meetings, Webinars, WhatsApp have been conducted to make them aware of this technology and to wean them away from burning.
- A weekly You Tube channel of IARI named Pusa Samachar also regularly ran the programme on “Pusa Decomposer Technology” for the benefit of farmers.
IARI has licensed this technology to 12 companies for mass multiplication and marketing of the Pusa Decomposer. In addition, ICAR – IARI, New Delhi has produced about 20000 packets of Pusa decomposer at its own facility for use by the farmers.
This information was given by Union Minister for Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Shri Narendra Singh Tomar in a written reply in Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID: 1744517)
Visitor Counter : 231