A septic system is an elaborate wastewater treatment system. It includes an underground septic tank either made of plastic concrete, fibreglass or any other material. It is used to treat and dispose of sewage. The septic system is very much crucial for treating individual wastewater.
It can be used for commercial and residential areas. It is very much essential to take a few steps for the proper installation of the septic system. So, this article will give you a basic idea about the installation process of the septic system.
FOSSE SEPTIQUE is essential for independent house land where there is no facility of the municipal sewer line. People in rural areas or farmhouses install a septic tank for treating their wastewater. That is why they install a septic tank for this safety disposal.
We have listed a few essential steps that must be followed for the successful and safe installation of a septic tank.
Receive Multiple Estimates
Before you start with your septic tank installation process it is essential to do thorough research. It is very much important to compare various companies. You must go through their website thoroughly and read reviews from previous customers. Make sure to check their insurance policy and company license. You must check their license regarding excavation and drain field testing.
The percolation tests
The septic system is dependent on the permeable layer of the soil which surrounds the tank. The permeable soil naturally absorbs to treat the liquid residue to avoid any leakage to the water table. This is known as the leach field or the drain.
Before the installation process of the septic system starts, one must make up a percolation or prac test. The percolation test is the legal formality that must be followed. The test results confirm that this soil meets the requirement.
The requirement of the percolation tests the soil must have an adequate amount of sand or gravel which are permeable elements. After your land passes the percolation test you will obtain the permit to start the installation process of the septic system. Professional generally recommend ordering a percolation test before you purchase land for your residential purpose.
For the escalation process to install the septic system heavy-duty equipment necessary is for the excavation. It can be a tricky situation to fix the damage due to excavation if you already have your resident.
In case, you are planning to build a new house, you are in a safe position for excavation. You must contact your septic system installation company to plan out the escalation when you have minimal development in your land.
The overall FOSSE SEPTIQUE installation process can cost a little bit but is worth the investment. There are a few associated prices that come along with the septic system.
The price of the percolation test depends on the size of the land and the type of soil conditions. Professionals dig a few holes in the field area for the land survey. You must compare the price point with the various company to get the best deal.
You might need a permit for building a septic tank system in your residential or commercial area. The price of the permit varies from state to state and is to be renewed every few years. The overall cost might be around $200 for the permit application roughly.
Excavation and Installation
Once you get the building permit and pass the percolation test you are ready to install the septic tank system. The price of the septic tank system is based on the type of system you select, the size of your house and the material of the septic tank. We have discussed vividly the different treatment systems and types of tanks available in the market.
Types of Septic Tank Systems
- Conventional septic system: The septic system utilise the physics of gravity to move the household sewage into the septic tank. At the septic tank, the sewage is separated into various layers. The solid waste settles at the bottom whereas the liquid rises to the top. When this liquid wastewater or sewage to the level of the outflow pipe, it is collected at a drain field where the decomposition takes place. These are the most affordable septic system.
- Alternative septic system: The alternative septic system uses a similar process of gravity just like the conventional septic system. The basic difference between the alternative septic system and the conventional septic system is that the former uses oxygen to treat the sewage in the tank instead of naturally occurring bacteria. The drain fields for alternative sewage systems release cleaner water and require less land.
- Engineered septic system: The engineered FOSSE SEPTIQUE is the most complicated and costly. It is generally essential for poor soil or residence situated at the uphill slope. Similar to alternatives in conventional septic systems, they engineered septic systems to collect water. But unlike the other two systems, this used a pump to channelize the wastewater to the leach field. This is why this system is pricey.
Types of Septic Tanks
- Concrete septic tanks: Concrete septic tanks are the most durable. They are rust-proof. The only downside is that it is difficult to repair if damaged.
- Plastic septic tanks: Plastic tanks are very cost-effective compared to other types. But, these are prone to damage.
- Fibreglass septic tanks: Fiberglass septic tanks are way stronger than plastic septic tanks. These are movable. Hence, these can be repaired in case of any damage.
The septic tank must be pumped in regular intervals for proper maintenance and operations. It is important to follow the appropriate procedure of the government before pumping. The rules vary from place to place.
So, it is recommended to take the help of professionals to empty the septic tank. They have appropriate tools to take care of the process. They will even make sure to detect any problem and tackle it efficiently. In case, you have excessive wastewater on the leach field, it is time to call for professional help. There might be some problem in the septic tank that must be fixed.