Winter has arrived, and it is the time to hibernate under the warm blankets, wear cozy feather jackets, and put on long leather shoes. Moreover, it is difficult to stop ourselves from eating a fat-full diet like meat, nuts, and cheese to keep the body warm from inside. However, if you don’t want to put on weight and hate to see yourself bulky in the following spring, it is vital to follow a healthy eating plan. According to the pros of dietary and nutrition hospitals in Mohali, Chandigarh, and other parts of the country, the Keto diet can help in this context. It is also called a Ketogenic-style diet, so don’t get confused.
The Keto diet offers low carbs & fats and offers several benefits to the body. Many studies have affirmed that the Ketogenic diet helps lose weight and boost immunity against diabetes, Alizer’s disease, and cancer. The Keto diet is not a new concept; it has been followed since 1920. But, in the early days, ketogenic meals were used to treat epilepsy in children.
Basics Of Keto Diet
The Keto diet is similar to the Atkins diet, related to low consumption of carbs. The reduction of fats and carbs in the body puts the body in a metabolic state, and when this occurs, the body becomes relatively efficient in burning fats and ships energy to the brain. Moreover, this process also converts the fat into Ketones.
Now let’s dive into the types of Keto diet.
- SKD- It is a standard Ketogenic diet containing moderate amounts of proteins, low carbohydrates, and several fats. It is generally followed to alleviate carb intake and is perfect for beginners.
- TKD- Next come in line is the targeted ketogenic diet. Typically, it is followed by athletes and sportspersons to fuel up their muscle strength and endurance. They consume carbs 15-30 minutes right before exercise or athletic performance.
- CKD- Cyclical Ketogenic Diet is the advanced form and should be taken only after having a Standard Ketogenic diet for a few days. It is composed of high carbohydrates, moderate proteins & low fats.
- HPKD- The high protein ketogenic diet followed by bodybuilders to maintain a muscular body. It is very similar to SKD, and the only difference is that HPKD includes more protein.
Benefits Of Keto Diet
The experts of dietary and nutrition hospitals suggest Keto diet to achieve the following
- To Reduce Acne
Acne is a result of high blood sugar levels. The sugar in the blood rises due to the consumption of processed foods and refined carbs. Apart from this, carbohydrates also imbalances the gut bacteria, resulting in pimples on the face. As per the studies, the Ketogenic diet alleviates the carb intake and makes the skin more healthy.
- To Reduce Cancer Risk
The ketogenic diet is quite effective in preventing certain cancers. Some doctors also use it as a complementary treatment parallel to radiation and chemotherapy. This is because ketones damage cancerous cells by causing more stress on them than normal cells. Apart from this, the keto diet reduces the risk of insulin complications.
- To Improve Heart Health
The Keto diet includes healthy fats in lieu of unhealthy fats that increase the risk of heart problems. Recent research affirmed that a ketogenic meal plan extensively lowers LDL and bad cholesterol and keeps you away from cardiovascular issues.
- To Improve Brain Function
As discussed above Keto diet generates Ketones that offer several neuroprotective benefits. In simple words, they safeguard the brain and neurons and help in preventing conditions like Alzheimer’s disease.
- To Improve PCOS Signs
Polycystic ovary syndrome is a common problem in females that causes ovulatory dysfunction and infertility. In addition, high-carb diets can worsen PCOS symptoms by increasing their testosterone levels in them. On the other hand, a Keto diet can improve PCOS symptoms by balancing your hormones.
The Bottom Line-:
The Keto diet is completely safe and very effective in controlling weight. However, it is imperative to consult a dietician or nutritionist before starting a ketogenic diet, especially if you are suffering from any health problem or disease.