Data visualization is the process that includes the different factors of any information that may be in the form of worksheets, graphs, maps, or tabulation format. In these contemporary times, every information is linked in one or more ways to big data, hence we have many different origins of any information that may be used in any industrial, health care or scientific works. For the supervision of this information, there are various tools involved. These tools make the visualization for designers a bit easy by creating an easy representation of very large data sets. These information visualisations can be used for various kinds of purposes such as annual reports, dashboards, sales and marketing materials and virtually anywhere else where information is needed to interpret instantly without taking many leaps.
Let us know about a popular data visualization tool called Tableau. By going through this article, you will understand why Tableau is a preferred business intelligence tool and why people are learning Tableau by taking Tableau courses in Hyderabad, Bangalore, New Delhi, and many other cities.
What is Tableau?
Tableau is one of the most popular, excellent, and leading tools used for the visualization of data associated with business intelligence (BI). Tableau is used to analyse and report vast volumes of information. Tableau is very useful to users in creating different charts, maps, dashboards, graphs, and stuff for analyzing and visualizing data in making appropriate business decisions. It has numerous unique, exciting features that one needs in a tool for the enhancement of business intelligence (BI). It supports very powerful data exploration and discoveries that users need to answer important queries in just a few seconds.
Tableau supports a number of data origins which is hardly possible with use of some other BI tools available. Tableau allows users to supervise information and make reports by blending and joining different datasets collected. Tableau Server is supported by a certain centralised location to manage all data sources that are published within an organization. There is no compulsion of any technical skills or programming knowledge is required, any user can start immediately creating visualizations by the use of Tableau without any relative experience. This tool can be profitable for various fields such as research, business, different kinds of industries, etc.
Advantages of Tableau
For better understanding, data analysis with the help of Tableau can be further divided into two sections namely Developer tools and Sharing tools. In the Developer tool the user tends to create or work on the development of graphs, dashboards, reports formation, charts, and visualizations which come under this category. The products offered by Tableau which are classified under this section are the Tableau Desktop and Tableau Public. Whereas in the sharing tool it is clear from the name itself, the importance of these Tableau products is sharing the reports, visualizations, dashboards, charts, etc that were generated using the Tableau developer tools. The variety of Tableau products that come under this category are Tableau Online, Tableau Server, and Tableau Reader.
The advantage of Tableau are as follows :
- Magnificent tool for visualization: The Tableau tool is excellent and appropriate for the use of visualizations of information. It helps in creating interactive dashboards and appropriate reports that produce more insights than the reports generated by using other tools or spreadsheets. It has the excellent capabilities of supporting big data computations or complex data blending and dashboard creating options. Due to this reason, it has gained the lead among other visualization tools in contemporary times.
- Creating interactive visualizations: The foremost advantage of the Tableau tool is that it creates very impressive dashboards in a minimum amount of time. It helps users to perform all the tasks with just a quick drag and drop function. It can deal with a variety of variables and generate various types of dashboards instantly without taking much time.
- Easy implementation: Tableau has different visualization options through which the user experience is enhanced. Tableau is much more simpler and easier for learning and implementation as compared to Business Objects, Python & Domo. Any user can freely master Tableau without having any prior technical knowledge.
- Easily handles vast datasets: Another reason behind using Tableau is its capacity to deal with huge data available. It easily manages to handle hundreds of millions of data rows at a time with ease. Various types of Big Data visualisation can be created by users without impacting the speed and performance of the dashboards. In addition to this, it has the capability to connect with numerous data sources such as SQL, etc.
- Support different scripting languages: In the Tableau tool, for the improvement of the computing speed and performance during the visualization, the users can take help of Python and R programming languages to overcome the issues. By using these programming languages one can reduce the load off through the Tableau software.
- Supports mobile devices: In the present time the use of smartphones is a basic utility of one and all, for any tool it is very important that it supports viewing and accessing the reports, dashboards, charts from mobile phones. Tableau is one such tool that provides all these facilities, it optimizes the reports and also facilitates the best view to the operator.
Also Read: How to Develop an On-Demand Dog Walking App?
Tableau is the easiest and popular visualisation tool available due to this many fields are looking forward to making their task more efficient by using it. For the graphical representation and chart, formation Tableau is the most effective and efficient tool. There are more than 24 varieties of graphical views to represent and display the information. Though the information gathered is having very complex datasets, the data is very vast in volumes then also, Tableau is effective in the creation of dashboards reports and visualisations very easily in a very minute span of time.
When we talk about developing, connecting, and sharing data, it has numerous built-in advanced features which offers distribution and collaboration, making connections to multiple data origins, exportation, and importation of huge voluminous data also capable of providing high security for information. The data produced in the form of dashboards by Tableau within an organization by various team members can be accessed through a protected and safe environment. Hence this tool is gaining large popularity.