Got a sweet tooth and an undying love for CBD? How about spicing up your next special day with a CBD birthday cake? Ingesting it by directly dropping some oil onto your tongue is old news. Now you can easily find the pure form in places like CBDistillery for sleep to explore the world of new recipes. Why not try something new and mix up the drug and your birthday cake to blow your guests’ minds away? We are sure it sounds like fun. Read on to learn more about CBD-infused food and whether it is safe. Stay with us till the end to find an incredible cake recipe.
An Easy Guide to CBD
CBD is a focal cannabinoid that is naturally present in hemp plants. In recent years, it has become a popularly sought-after commodity. Studies show that Cannabis has numerous medical benefits. Its unique properties make it an ideal alternative for medicinal and recreational purposes. Unlike THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), CBD does not intoxicate its users.
Moreover, consuming it can give you a relaxing and stress-free experience. As its fame is on the rise, manufacturers have taken the opportunity to roll out an incredible selection of CBD products. You can find products like oil, gummies, e-liquids, topicals, etc. These products are generally available in the following three variants across most brands.
- CBD Isolate: This particular variant of CBD refers to pure extracts. An isolate does not contain any other cannabinoids. Because it is a pure form, the entourage effect is also not present.
- Broad-Spectrum: Unlike isolate, Broad-spectrum CBD contains extracts from all hemp plant parts. It has all other cannabinoids except THC.
- Full-Spectrum: This variant is the most suitable option for those who wish to experience the entourage effect. It contains all naturally occurring cannabinoids in the hemp plant and 0.3% THC.
Why Infuse Cannabidiol in Food? Is it Safe?
Not everyone is a fan of CBD taste. Besides, conventional methods of consuming this drug can get boring over time. The correct way to handle these issues is to experiment with edibles such as CBD-infused food and drinks. CBD-infused edibles are desirable because they have a low amount of THC. Studies show that eating it in a fatty meal can maximize its effects. Cooking a recipe is suitable for people that suffer from chronic pain. Secondly, a CBD-infused dinner is helpful to anyone after a challenging and tiring day. When you take it through food, the effects tend to last longer. You can quickly and safely mix cannabidiol with all kinds of food items. When cooking, never heat the oil over 295° F. When avoiding high heat is not possible, add the CBD oil as a topping or mix it with the frosting for baked items. You must remember to store your products in a cool place in airtight containers.
What Is So Special About A CBD-Infused Birthday Cake?
You know that CBD is well-admired for providing several health benefits. Eating a cake is like killing two birds with one stone. Your CBD birthday cake is not only a delicious dessert, but it will also give you all the benefits of cannabidiol. It is a component that anyone can consume without trouble. It does not cause any psychoactive issues or harmful effects. Eating the drug in a cake can help you unlock its full potential since cooking can enhance its products. Moreover, not only will your stoner friends love the cake, but your guests will have a soothing and stress-free experience. After thoroughly enjoying a party, isn’t it great to have a restful night’s sleep?
Simple CBD Cake Recipe
Follow this simple recipe to make the best CBD-infused chocolate cake at home. This cake recipe includes chocolate frosting. But you can pick a flavor of your choice and decorate the cake as you wish. Here is what you need:
- 200g Caster Sugar (Preferably Golden)
- 200g Softened Unsalted Butter
- 4 Eggs (Large)
- 200g Self Raising Flour
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract (or Vanilla Essence)
- 2 tbsp Whole Milk
- 10 to 15 ml of CBD oil or 1 to 2 g CBD flower (According to Preference)
For Buttercream Frosting
- 100g Milk Chocolate (Roughly Chopped)
- 200g Softened Butter
- 5 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 400g Icing Sugar
- 2 tbsp Whole Milk
- Set your oven at 350 degrees to preheat.
- Butter the base and sides of two 7 inch cake tins—Line the tins with parchment paper.
- Add the dry and the wet ingredients separately and then combine. Do not over-mix the batter.
- Pour the batter equally in both containers. Bake at 350 degrees for nearly 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the cakes cool down completely on a wire rack before assembling.
Also Read: Pros and Cons of Using Cbd Oil for Your Dogs
For Buttercream Frosting
- While the cakes are baking, chop up 100g of milk chocolate.
- Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl and melt it in the microwave. Stir occasionally, and once melted, let it cool down.
- Mix the softened butter and icing sugar with a whisk or an electric mixer in a giant bowl.
- Add salt, the melted chocolate, and the remaining ingredients.
- Mix the frosting until it is smooth and slightly fluffy.
- Set the frosting in the fridge until the cakes cool down.
- Once the cakes have cooled down, you can start assembling the cake.
CBD cakes are undoubtedly lip-smacking, but you don’t have to limit yourself to just cakes. You can mix it with anything, so use your imagination and try something new. You can easily find recipes for CBD-infused cookies, brownies, muffins, smoothies, milkshakes, etc.