Education is extremely important in everyone’s life. As a result, everyone should get a quality education. However, not everyone has the opportunity to receive a good education.
Students from low-income families who cannot afford a good education need not be concerned. There is a scholarship available which is CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship, allowing you to pursue a high-quality education.
This scholarship scheme was launched in 2006 and since then the scheme has been helping many meritorious students.
This scholarship is available for CBSE students as well as students from other boards. Below is the information on the CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship that poor and meritorious students can apply for.
So, let’s take a look at it.
CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child – Objective
The CBSE merit scholarship scheme’s goal is to award scholarships to deserving single female students who are their parents’ only child, have passed and cleared their CBSE Class X Exam Syllabus concepts with a grade of 60 percent or higher, and are continuing their education in Class XI and XII.
The initiative aims to acknowledge parents’ contributions in advancing girls’ education and to provide encouragement to deserving pupils.
CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
If you want to apply for this scholarship and want to take advantage of it, then you need to satisfy certain eligibility conditions:
- This scholarship is only for the parents’ only girl child.
- You are required to score 60% or more marks in the CBSE Board Exams for Class 10th and are studying in either Class 11th or 12th in a CBSE affiliated school. Then you are eligible for this scholarship.
- If your tuition fee is not more than INR 1500 per month, then you are eligible for this scholarship.
- The scholarship can only be awarded if you are an Indian.
- NRIs can also get this scholarship. But the tuition fee for them has been decided at INR 6000 per month.
So, if you want to get rewarded by the CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship, then you are required to fulfill these eligibility conditions.
CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship – How to Apply
CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child provides a great opportunity for the students who are not able to afford quality education. If you want to get awarded this scholarship, you need to fill out the application form online. Here are the steps to apply online for the CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship:
Step 1 – Visit the official website of CBSE.
Step 2 – Tap on “Main Website”.
Step 3 – Look for the option छात्रवृत्ति
Step 4 – Click on the option “Guidelines and Application Forms 2021/Apply Online”.
Step 5 – After clicking on the option, you will find the “Apply Online” option below “Single Girl Child Scholarship – 2021 (Fresh Application)”. Tap on that option.
Step 6 – Now click on the “SGC-X – Fresh Application” option.
Step 7 – Now a page will appear on the screen where you have to fill in all your details and upload the required documents.
So, after following the above-mentioned steps, you will be able to successfully register yourself for the CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship scheme.
CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child – Cash Awarded
If you are a single girl child of your parents, then you will be awarded a scholarship of INR 500 per month. This CBSE Scholarship scheme is valid for a maximum of two years. Payment will be made via ECS/ NEFT.
CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship – Duration & Renewal
Here you will find the details of the duration and renewal scheme of this CBSE Scholarship. There are certain conditions on which this scholarship can be renewed. You can have a look at those conditions below:
- After successful completion of your Class 11th, you can renew this scholarship scheme. But renewal will depend on the marks you scored in Class 11th. If you score 50% or more marks in aggregate in your Class 11th exams, then you can renew this scholarship scheme.
- You should have received this scholarship scheme last year to renew it the next year.
- Your Class 10th tuition fee should not be more than INR 1500 per month. The cumulative increase in tuition fees over the next two years will not exceed 10% of the tuition cost.
So, this is all about the CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child. Hope you are now clear with all the details regarding this scholarship. If you want to know the complete details of this scholarship scheme, you can visit the official website of CBSE.
This scholarship scheme is a great initiative by the CBSE for those deserving students who are not able to get quality education due to their poor financial condition. So, if you are also one of those, you can apply for the scholarship and get awarded for quality education.
(This is a sponsored article from our independent contributor)