Steps taken by Government for the successful implementation of the Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana (SAGY) in adopted Gram Panchayats
The Ministry has brought out a compilation of 127 Central Sector and Centrally Sponsored and 1806 State Schemes for convergence under SAGY
An MP Dashboard is developed on SAGY website
06 AUG 2021 5:58PM by PIB Delhi
The following steps have been taken by the Ministry of Rural Development for the successful implementation of the Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana (SAGY) Gram Panchayats:
- The Ministry has brought out a compilation of 127 Central Sector and Centrally Sponsored and 1806 State Schemes for convergence under SAGY. This document serves as a ready reckoner especially for the Members of Parliament, District and Village level officials about the different schemes for possible convergence at the GP level. This document is available on SAGY website (saanjhi.gov.in) and is updated periodically.
- 24 Schemes of 17 Ministries of Government of India have been amended / appropriate advisories have been issued to accord priority to SAGY in respective schemes.
- SAGY is reviewed periodically by the National Level Committee (NLC) on Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana (SAGY) headed by Secretary, Rural Development with representatives from 20 Ministries/Departments to identify bottlenecks, monitor, review, facilitate cross-learning and initiating remedial action where necessary including changes to the guidelines of their respective schemes/programmes. The fourth meeting of NLC was held recently where the representatives of these Ministries/Departments were requested to saturate SAGY GPs in implementing their schemes to synergize organic convergence which is vital for the success of the scheme.
- The states have been requested to conduct the State Level Empowered Committee (SLEC) meetings headed by the Chief Secretary to review the implementation process and to ensure seamless convergence of schemes among different State Government Departments.
- The Ministry organised an orientation programme on SAGY for the newly elected MPs of 17th Lok Sabha. The Minister of Rural Development has also written to all Chief Ministers to organize such Orientation Workshops for orientation of MPs in the States/UTs.
- The Ministry provides training on preparation of VDP and the approaches to convergence of schemes to the Charge Officers and other stakeholders of the state who are coordinating the implementation at the local level and are fully responsible and accountable for the implementation of VDP. Capacity building programmes for the State Nodal Officers, State Team of Trainers and Charge Officers of SAGY Gram Panchayats are organized periodically through National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj, Hyderabad.
- At the national level, a separate web-based MIS is available at SAGY website (http://saanjhi.gov.in). The website has been revamped with more pertinent information related to the scheme for comprehensive view by the public. The website contains detailed information, extensive reports, graphs and maps on the progress of the scheme. Also, the portal is linked with Mission Antyodaya website wherein the status of each of the adopted SAGY Gram Panchayats with respect to infrastructure facility and public service delivery along with ranking and gap is available. The scheme is monitored through MIS with States/UTs regularly updating the progress of implementation of projects in the Village Development Plan.
- An MP Dashboard is developed on SAGY website wherein MP centrality is more visible. The Hon’ble MP can log in and check the progress of the selected GP, and review it. The Hon’ble MP will be able to access the MA score to assess the progress. Further, the concerns/views given in the comments section by the user from the GP will be visible to the Hon’ble MP, District Collector, Charge officer for necessary action.
- The parameters for dynamic ranking of Gram Panchayats have been recently developed and placed on the portal so as to instil competition amongst the selected SAGY GPs.
This information was given by Union Minister of State for Rural Development Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti in a written reply in Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID: 1743303)
Visitor Counter : 65