Modern Technology for Affordable Housings
11 AUG 2021 2:40PM by PIB Delhi
Under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Urban (PMAY-U), a Technology Sub-Mission (TSM) has been set up to facilitate the adoption of modern, innovative and green technologies and building materials for faster and quality construction of houses in various States/Union Territories (UTs).The details of steps taken by Government in this regard are as follows:
- Under TSM, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) initiated Global Housing Technology Challenge-India (GHTC-India) with an objective to identify and mainstream innovative technologies from across the globe that are disaster resilient, sustainable, cost effective, fast and adaptable to suit different geo-climatic conditions of the country. Under GHTC-India, 54 innovative technologies from across the world were shortlisted in 6 broad categories.
- In order to demonstrate innovative construction technologies identified under GHTC-India, 6 Light House Projects (LHPs) using 6 distinct technologies are being constructed in 6 States i.e. Madhya Pradesh (Indore), Gujarat (Rajkot),Tamilnadu (Chennai), Jharkhand (Ranchi), Tripura (Agartala) and Uttar Pradesh (Lucknow)for wider adoption and replication by housing and real estate sector.
- MoHUA is also undertaking Demonstration Housing Projects (DHPs) in various parts of the country using innovative, alternate and sustainable technologies, in order to help their wider acceptability.
- MoHUA has also launched Affordable Rental Housing Complexes (ARHCs), a sub-scheme of PMAY-U for ease of Living for Urban Migrants/Poor. Under the Scheme, Technology Innovation Grant (TIG) of ₹60,000/- per house (Single Bedroom), ₹1,00,000/- (Double Bedroom) and₹20,000/-per Dormitory Bed has been provisioned for use of innovative emerging construction systems, which help in faster construction of ARHCs, better structural and functional performance.
- Around 16 lakh houses are being constructed using innovative and alternate technologies under PMAY-Uand other Schemes in various States/UTs.
This information was given by the Minister of State in the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Shri Kaushal Kishore, in a written reply in the Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID: 1744762)
Visitor Counter : 16