Green tea is the healthiest beverage that everyone should drink for many reasons. Among them, matcha powder is the best and most effective variety. Being green in color with strong and different flavors makes it effective for several purposes.
Not only is it useful in cooking but also for health benefits. You can add this superfood to your morning and evening snacks as it is full of nutrition. So, let’s learn what matcha powder actually is and how one can use it in various ways. Keep reading the article and know more.
About Matcha Powder That You Should Know
What is Match Powder?
It is a powder form of green tea and prepared using the leaves of the “Camellia Sinensis” plant. The five top characteristics of matcha powder are:
- bright color intensity
- amazing flavors
- excellent aroma
- great froth
- thick crema
Moreover, there are three different grades of matcha powder which differ in flavor and quality:
- Ceremonial Grade Matcha: It is the highest grade of matcha powder which has a smooth flavor and bright green color among the three.
- Latte Grade Matcha: It is more bitter in flavor and has a slightly bright green color.
- Cooking Grade Matcha: It is fairly bitter and has a greenish-brown color.
Now, you may be wondering how to use it. So, we are listing different ways you can include matcha in your diet.
Ways To Add Matcha Powder To Your Diet
Matcha tea is very healthy and one can prepare it in this manner:
- Take a cup and put a spoon of matcha powder into it.
- Add warm water to it and start whipping it using a matcha whisk or milk frother until it gets frothy.
- Once it turns into a liquid paste texture, then fill the cup with hot water. Keep stirring it. Your tea is ready!
You can prepare the matcha latte using the following procedure:
- Put a few spoons of Latte grade matcha powder into your cup.
- Fill it with hot water and whisk it using a milk frother properly until it is frothy.
- Next, add steamed milk like coconut or almond milk to make a creamy matcha latte.
- To enhance its taste, you can mix vanilla extract into it.
Cooking grade matcha powder is best for baking cupcakes. It is a healthy and delicious dish with a green texture due to the green color of matcha. There is no need for artificial colorings.
To prepare this flavorful dish:
- Take a large bowl and whip the dry ingredients such as flour, two teaspoons of matcha powder, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- Take another small bowl, and whip the wet ingredients such as milk, egg yolk, and vanilla.
- Now, pour the wet ingredients mixture over the dry ingredients and whip them all together to avoid lumps.
- Next, put the scoopful of batter into cupcake tins and let it bake for 25 minutes.
- Once it is baked, you can also sprinkle a pinch of matcha powder over it.
Children are very fond of little, sweet, and tasty donuts. So what better than having it in a healthy form:
- Take a bowl and add a teaspoon of cooking grade matcha powder, flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Next, take another bowl and whip a half cup of milk, butter, and egg.
- Blend the ingredients of both the bowls until it forms a smooth mixture.
- Pour the batter into the donut baking pan and let it bake for 15 minutes.
- Adding a matcha glaze is optional. If you prefer, whip the half cup of milk, two teaspoons of matcha powder, and two cups of sugar.
- Either, you can top up the donuts with matcha glaze or dip into it.
Custard is a tasty dessert option to enjoy after the meal. You can add the green color and amazing flavors of matcha powder to your dessert:
- Take a bowl, and whip egg yolk, two teaspoons of honey, cooking grade matcha powder, and cinnamon into it.
- Now, take a pan and heat milk, agar, and sugar until it boils.
- Once the hot cream mixture is ready, slowly add it to the matcha mixture.
- Heat the mixture for 2 minutes until it gets thickened in texture.
- At last add butter and vanilla extract to it and whip. Serve the custard immediately.
Increase the effectiveness of your morning smoothie with matcha and build strong muscles. For its preparation:
- Blend one banana, one cup of milk, two tablespoons of honey, and one tablespoon of matcha powder until it forms a puree.
- Adding vanilla can give a tasty flavor.
Moreover, in your workout diet, you can add plant protein powder to your smoothie. It will help to fulfill the protein requirement of your body. Try adding pea or soy protein powder as these consist of a huge content of fibers, vitamins, and minerals. As a result, you can build strong muscles and thus, a healthy body weight.
Matcha Overnight Oats
If you are on diet, then surely matcha overnight oats are the healthy breakfast option. Adding a tablespoon of matcha powder can give a bright green color and mouth-watering flavor to it. See how it is prepared:
- Take a large bowl and add oats, a half cup of milk, one teaspoon of matcha powder, 1/4 cup yogurt, brown sugar, and berries.
- Stir all the ingredients properly and cover and refrigerate it overnight.
- When you are ready to eat it, add more almond milk to it.
- Topping it with berries, granola, and honey can enhance its nutrient content and taste.
Eggless Matcha Mug Cakes
These are appetizing snacks that can satisfy your sweet cravings. In addition, you can bake them easily and quickly. See the recipe:
- Combine all the dry ingredients- oat flour, baking soda, matcha powder, and sugar in a microwave-safe mug.
- Pour vanilla extract, coconut oil, and milk into the mug. Whip all the ingredients until it forms a smooth batter.
- Put the mug in the microwave and leave it for 3 minutes.
- Let it cool down a bit and your eggless matcha mug cake is ready to serve.
Milky Matcha Popsicles
To prepare the green milky homemade popsicles, you need to:
- Mix two tablespoons of cooking grade matcha powder into each cup of milk.
- Add agave nectar to sweeten the taste of the mixture according to your preference.
- Next, pour the mixture into popsicle molds and let it freeze for six hours.
Matcha Powder And Honey Face Pack
Organic honey has anti-microbial effects which help in moisturizing and hydrating the skin. To make the face pack:
- Add one teaspoon of matcha powder to half a teaspoon of honey.
- Mix it properly until it forms a smooth consistency.
- Apply the paste to all the areas of the face and neck.
- Leave it to dry for 15 minutes and then rinse it off with cold water.
Matcha Body Scrub
The matcha powder is rich in antioxidants which improve the texture and tone of the skin. Mixing it with Epsom salt can do wonders. For the body scrub:
- Make a thick paste using a half cup of Epsom salt, some coconut milk, and a half cup of matcha powder.
- Apply it to the body, give a smooth massage and then clean it off with water.
The delicious flavor and bright green color of matcha powder can change the taste and presentation of all your favorite food. You can mix it with any recipe that not only will satisfy your taste buds but also provides the essential nutrients healthy for the body.
So, make delicious dishes using matcha powder and serve your friends and family.