MoD promulgates framework for increased utilisation of simulators by the three Services & Indian Coast Guard
23 SEP 2021 3:11PM by PIB Delhi
- Aim is to transform to simulation-based training across all military domains
- To achieve cost effective, safe and smart training
- Emphasis on indigenous design & development
- Outsourcing of operation & maintenance of simulators to Indian companies
- Applicable to all types of in use/to be procured simulators
Ministry of Defence (MoD) has promulgated the framework for enhanced and synergised utilisation of simulators by the three Services and the Indian Coast Guard (ICG). The overarching vision is to transform to simulation-based training across all military domains for combatants, leaders, maintainers, administrators, life science experts, procurement and financial agencies and thus achieve cost effective, efficient, safe, fast-paced and smart training.
The framework lays emphasis on indigenous design & development as well as outsourcing of operation and maintenance of simulators to the Indian companies. The framework has the following goals and objectives:
• To reduce live equipment utilisation.
• To ensure capability plans cater for phased induction of simulators.
• To duly factor requirement of simulators at the planning stage of procurement.
• To coordinate among various agencies of the Government and factor combined requirements of simulators during procurement.
The policy will be applicable to all types of simulators in use/to be procured in the future by the Armed Forces. Avenues of application of simulation technology will be constantly explored to achieve a high level of op preparedness while reducing expenditure on training and preserving the life of equipment.
A detailed action plan with assigned responsibility to all the constituents of MoD and industrial association will be followed to revitalise the exploitation of simulators by the three Services and the ICG. The Indian agencies involved in development, production and maintenance would be engaged by the Services to ensure highest level of indigenisation for production, deployment and maintenance of the military simulators.
(Release ID: 1757253)
Visitor Counter : 7