Paush Purnima 2022: Shakambhari Purnima Date, Vrat Katha, Puja Vidhi, Significance: Paush Purnima This year this full moon is on 17 January 2022. The Shakambhari form of Bhagwati Durga was born on the full moon day of Paush month. That is why it is also called Shakambhari Purnima. Paush month is considered very important in Sanatan Hinduism. At the same time, the full moon date falling in it also has a lot of importance. Paush Purnima is considered one of the holiest days in the Hindu calendar.
Shakambhari Purnima Date
- Paush Purnima date starts: January 17, 2022, Monday night from 3:18 minutes
- Paush Purnima date ends: January 18, 2022, till 5:17 am on Tuesday
To observe this fast, a person should keep fast for the whole day. In the evening, a great pundit should be called and the story of Satya Narayan should be heard. In this worship, first of all, Ganesh Ji is worshiped, followed by Indra Dev and Navagraha, the total deity is worshipped. Then Thakur and Narayan ji. After this, Saraswati is worshiped along with Mata Lakshmi, Parvati.
- On this day people take holy bath in the morning on the banks of holy rivers.
- Then they perform Vishnu Puja either in temples or at their homes.
- During the worship, first of all worship the deity of the family including Ganesh ji, Indra Dev and Navagraha.
- After this worship Lord Satyanarayan.
- After the Vishnu Puja is completed, the devotees recite the Satyanarayan Katha.
- They chant the ‘Gayatri Mantra’ or ‘Om Namo Narayan’ mantra 108 times in a row.
- Offer charanamrit, paan, sesame, moli, roli, kumkum, fruits, flowers, panchagavya, betel nut, durva etc. to the Lord as a form of enjoyment.
- This pleases Satyanarayan Dev.
Significance and More
The full moon of Paush month is considered very auspicious. The month of Magha begins only after this full moon. Along with this, the bathing done in the month of Magh also starts from Paush Purnima. Worshiping and donating on Poornima and Amavasya removes all the sins of a person. In the Sanatan scriptures, there is a law of full moon fasting and Satyanarayan worship on the full moon day. On this day, the person who takes a bath early in the morning and performs full moon fast and worships according to the law, he attains salvation. The month of Magha is considered very auspicious.