What Strategies Help In Retaining Users On Mobile Apps?
According to research, acquiring a new customer can cost you up to 25 times more than an existing customer. So, concentrate on providing your existing customers with the most satisfactory experience possible once your marketing efforts have been successful, and you have a solid customer base.
The statistics report shares that on average an app loses 77% of daily active users within the first 3 days of app installation. On the other hand, within 30 days of installation, the app loses 90% of active users. Well, it is a normal scenario, and don’t feel bad that your retention strategy is not working. Sometimes, even a small percentage of people remain regular customers. Thus, they bring revenue for the app and that’s a hope you can rock on the market.
This article will cover almost all effective ways to retain customers through your app and minimize churn. Without further ado, let us get started! choosing an sms marketing platform is also very important for business.
Fundamentals of User Retention and Mobile App Engagement
When we look at the market, we can see that mobile apps struggle to build a loyal and consistent user base. In reality, 25% of users only utilize a downloaded mobile app once. The app industry is overcrowded and frequently contains subpar offerings. To understand what that precisely means, let’s examine the most frequent causes of user attrition:
- Failure to deliver on the core principle
- Ineffective initial encounter
- Insufficient update frequency
- Lack of capacity to remind and re-engage people
- Confusing navigation
- Concerns with performance and technology
Addressing these issues won’t increase app engagement for mobile devices. A bad strategy for increasing engagement is I’ll push more updates for my application or utilize flutter push notifications to remind users about my app.
We need to go back and consider why consumers use mobile apps in the first place to come up with a solution. There are a few factors that contribute to this; let’s examine them below:
- They are easier to use: 63% of respondents said they had used a mobile app to get around a problem or avoid an inconvenience. This ties up with the primary cause of client attrition: failure to deliver a core value. You must concentrate on how the fundamental functionality of your app should be offered during the planning stage of its development.
- They get proper information for using the app: This is divided into two parts; the first is the onboarding process that needs to be intuitive and smooth. On the other side, navigation and user experience should be smooth, which ensures app engagement.
- The app has awe-inspiring design: Respondents said they enjoy appealing design, including clear pages, intuitive navigation, interactive elements, feedback sounds, and page transitions.
- The app gives a consistent experience on all devices: A part of UX design is maintaining a constant theme across various devices, such as smartphones and tablets. The app provides frequent updates, irregular updates in the app become stagnant and uninteresting for users.
So, we hope you understand the main reasons for app usage. Now, it’s time to take one step ahead and think about tips on using user engagement. So, let’s dive into it!
6 Tricks To Retain Users With Flutter Push Notifications In App
- Does the user getting exactly what they want from your site?
When sending flutter push notifications, you must ensure that your product can satisfy the user or accomplish their requirements. Therefore, it helps in engaging users in the long term since you can reach their goals.
- Is the app annoying in any case?
App performance has a direct relationship with user retention. The more interesting and fast your app is, the more you have a customer base and vice versa. For amazing results, you must ensure the whole aspect works fine, preventing crashes, connectivity, loading speed, and gesture responsiveness.
- Does your app have better UX?
The cost of mental resources is divided into three categories, cognitive load, visual load, and motor load. The quantity of clicks is a crucial activity in your app, not any unnecessary ones. Having accurately labelled buttons, strategically placed buttons, and a logical flow will lessen the user’s cognitive strain. Therefore, consider how much work your app’s users will need to expend to use it.
- Is your app reaching out to customers?
By using push notifications, you may enhance user retention by 20%. Even by using time- and behaviour-based notifications, you may further boost user retention. By sending notifications at the right time, you may enhance push notifications engagement with the latter by a factor of seven. Around 68% of users are dormant, which means they have installed the application and do not use it. Push notifications are used to have a look at the app.
- Listen to User’s Voice – Have you resolved the user’s queries?
Gathering and acting on user input is crucial to retaining mobile users. The fascinating thing about this method is that getting useful feedback is more complicated than using it properly.
The form of input that is more valuable is negative feedback. Getting negative feedback has two advantages. First, it is a surefire approach to fixing an issue that a real user encountered. As a result, several other users won’t experience the same problem.
On the other hand, it may discourage new users from using or downloading your app. Thus, a quick response from a company can mitigate this effect. Even 69% of people suggest companies who respond to their people quickly sound best for them.
- Identify what works or what’s not.
Fortunately, we have several analytics tools that help us to know the important metrics for user retention and engagement, such as:
- Customer churn
- Net promoter score
- Loyal customer rate
- Revenue churn
- Customer lifetime value
The Bottom Line
User engagement is an essential factor that must be carefully planned from the initial phase. Once the application is launched and installed by customers, you should ensure the app is providing complete value to them. Also, you must incorporate the above tricks for a better user experience and app revenue with Flutter Push Notifications.