Architecture is the culmination of science, art, and the capability to manage the construction of a building. Architecture courses focus on developing skills needed to become an architect with deep knowledge of building airport terminals, commercial buildings, malls, complexes, civil construction, and highways construction by applying basic innovative ideas and concepts. Architects are in demand to create educational institutions, office spaces, homes, religious places, and many more.
Architecture courses primarily require candidates who are from a science background. Architecture offers courses that require significant coursework that is focused on specialization subjects. The architecture course has a diverse field of study. It offers degrees for aspirants interested in integrated studies, diploma courses for students interested in practical exposure, and short-time certificate courses.
List of Architecture Courses to Pursue after 12th or Graduation
After completing higher secondary or Graduation, candidates can pursue some of the Architecture courses that are discussed below:
Bachelor of Architecture (B. Arch)
Bachelor of Architecture is a five years undergraduate course and is one of the famous courses that candidates can pursue after the 12th standard. To get admission in B. Arch, candidates must be from a science background with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects and must have possessed a minimum of 50% of marks from a recognized board.
- Candidates with a design background are also eligible to get admission to this Architecture course.
- The entrance exam that is accepted to get admission in this Architecture course is the National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) and JEE Main Paper 2.
- The subjects that are offered in B. Arch are Descriptive Geometry, History of Architecture, Architectural Construction, Theory of Structures, Specification, Quantity Surveying, etc.
- The UGC build the course to ensure licensed and ethical architects (professional) can take up government/ private and public constructions.
- The Architecture courses consist of- Formulating a construction blueprint, Designing models of the building, Other physical structures of any building and land.
- A graduate in B. Arch has ever-living and substantial demand regarding career and job opportunities in the job market that mainly test their creativity and skills.
Bachelor of Architecture in Landscape Architecture
Bachelor of Architecture in Landscape Architecture is a three years duration course. The undergraduate courses mainly focus on architectural analysis and design. The Department of Landscape Architecture and Environmental Planning organizes 4 years of a bachelor of arts degree in Landscape Architecture that specializes in environmental planning.
- Landscape architecture surrounds Environmental Up-Gradation, Ecology, Green belts, Industrial Landscape, etc.
- The total course fee of the four years course will come to around 2 to 7 lakhs. NATA, BITSAT is the entrance exam that is accepted to get admission in the Architecture course.
- The subjects that are offered in Bachelor of Architecture in Landscape Architecture are Building Materials, History of Architecture, Theory of Structures, Construction, Design Materials, Landscape Architecture, Town Planning, etc.
- Bachelor of Architecture in Landscape Architecture graduates is hired for constructors and commercial complex projects.
Bachelor of Architecture in Building and Construction Management
Bachelor of Architecture in Building and Construction Management is a 5 years undergraduate course. The total course fee of the five years course will come to around 2 to 6 lakhs. The course gives importance to construction management.
- Bachelor of Architecture in Building and Construction Management focuses on surveying and supervision techniques and also a basic understanding of construction and designing.
- The coursework provides different subjects like Material Management, Design Structure, Acoustics, etc.
- Graduates after completing the course can get various job opportunities like architecture designers, interior designers, data analysts, architecture engineers, etc., in both public and private sectors.
Bachelor of Planning
Bachelor of Planning is four years undergraduate course that is divided into eight semesters. The aspirant must have passed their higher secondary examination from the science stream with a minimum of 50% of marks and mathematics as a compulsory subject.
- The subjects that are offered in Bachelor of Planning are Planning Studio, Traffic and Transport Planning, Applied Hydrology and Geology, Planning Studio, Design Materials, etc.
- The average course fee will come to around 1 to 2 Lakh.
- Candidates need to appear for entrance exams like NATA, JEE Main Paper 2, BITSAT, KCET, etc for admission to this course.
- Aspirants after completing the course can pursue their careers as project planners, regional planners, urban planners, interior designers, design architects, etc.
- The course focus on specializing in a broad range of engineering, designing, resolving, and managing challenges, and a research-based dissertation.
Bachelor of Engineering in Construction Technology
Bachelor of Engineering in Construction Technology is four years of undergraduate architecture science and technology courses. To get admission in this course, aspirants must have passed their higher secondary examination with a total score of 55% of marks.
- The subjects that are offered in Bachelor of Engineering in Construction Technology are Mechanics of Fluids, Mechanics of Solids, Design of Steel Structures, Irrigation Engineering, etc.
- The course prepares graduates for different roles in equipment, materials, managing people, technological funds, and processes in construction.
- After completing the course, aspirants can pursue their careers as project managers, civil engineers, construction managers, and asset management in various industries like the private sector, local, government authorities.
Diploma Courses in Architecture
Diploma Courses in Architecture is a certificate-level course that aspirants can pursue after completing their secondary or higher secondary examination. The total duration of the diploma courses is 3 years. It is a certificate course in the field of Architecture Engineering. Below are some of the Diploma courses in Architecture are given:
- Diploma in Architecture Engineering: The diploma in Architecture Engineering is a 3 years duration course. Admission to this course is based on the marks obtained in the 10th standard examination. Students after completing the course can pursue their careers in teaching, assistant architecture, building designing, layout design, etc.
- Diploma in Architectural Assistantship: The diploma in Architectural Assistantship is a 3 years duration course that candidates can pursue after completing their 10th and 12th standards. An entrance exam is conducted to get admission to this diploma course. The minimum age limit for admission to this course is15 years. The course is provided for those aspirants who can express their written and oral form ideas and have excellent communication skills.
- Diploma in Construction Management: The diploma in Construction Management (DCM) is a one-year course. The duration may differ if aspirants want to pursue this diploma course as a distance learning course. To apply for this course, candidates must have passed their Higher Secondary examination from a recognized board in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Students after completing this diploma course work as managers, project engineers, assets management engineers, civil engineers, etc in various organizations.
Certificate Architecture Course
Certificate Architecture Course is a short-term course and is a 3D software design in a practical design course using 3Ds max Vray, Autocad, and Sketchup. This course focus on the practical knowledge of the domain.
- Certificate Course 3D Interior Desing Visualization: The total duration of the Certificate Course 3D Interior Desing Visualization is six months. To apply for the Certificate Course 3D Interior Desing Visualization, aspirants must have passed their Higher Secondary examination or diploma course in any steam. The subjects that are offered in the Certificate Course 3D Architectural Visualization are Photoshop, AutoCAD, Sketch-up, 3D studio Max+Vray, and Revit Architecture.
- Certificate Course 3D Architectural Visualization: Certificate Course 3D Architectural Visualization is a six months duration course. Candidates must have passed their Higher Secondary examination or diploma course in any stream to apply for the Certification course. The subjects that are offered in the Certificate Course 3D Architectural Visualization are Photoshop, AutoCAD, Sketch-up, 3D studio Max+Vray, and Revit Architecture.
Architecture courses in today’s world have become quite popular among aspirants as Architects are in high demand for creating and designing. For the studies, students can choose among IITs, NITs and other government and private colleges for architecture course. Thus, the influx of aspirants in various courses in Architecture has risen due to the popularity of highly skilled architects.